Due to a family emergency, I have decided to Early Terminate (ET) from the Peace Corps. It was a very difficult decision to make and I hate that I am leaving Mali and Douentza. Here are some photos of my friends and family in Douentza.
This is Tata. She is my friend, Mama, daughter. She is so adorable!

Here is me with Mama and Tata:

Mama and her children:

The toguna in the center of town:

My language tutor, Ada, and her children:

My host family. My host mom, Soma, is on the left. My host brother, Dre, is in the back. My landlord is on the right. The other two are cousins.

Susan came down to BKO with me. We went to lunch with Brendan at Le Relax.

And then we met up with Ryan and Sara at the Campagneyard. Here is me and Ryan:

Susan, me and Sara:


Ryan and Brendan being silly:

Me with the boys:

We have no idea what Brendan is looking at:

Me and Brendan:

Again....no clue what is so facinating off camera:

Then my friend, Robert, and his son Liam came to say good bye. Here I am with Liam and Brendan:

And then us with Robert and friends:

Ryan, Brendan, Sara and Susan at the Peace Corps bureau to see me off to the airport:

I cried the whole way to the airport. I definitely miss everyone there!
No comments:
Post a Comment